Why Should I Utilize The Tricare Online Patient Portal?
TRICARE Online Patient Portal (TOL) is the Department of Defense’s (DOD) online patient portal. It gives eligible users access to the military hospital and clinic appointments, prescription (Rx) refills, Health Records, Safe Messaging, Service Separation/Retirement, and Nurse Advice Line.
DOD beneficiaries aged 18 or older can use the services and information on the TOL Patient Portal. This includes active duty, retired service members, and their families. Beneficiaries can access information safely with their DOD Common Access Card (CAC), DOD Self-Service Logon (DS Logon) Premium, and Defense Finance and Accounting Services (DFAS) myPay credentials.
TOL Patient Portal features are accessible 365/24/7 from anywhere with an internet connection. This makes it easy for patients to get tools that give them more control over their health care. The TOL Patient Portal will save you time, money, and stress.
Patients can make an appointment for a sick child in the middle of the night, refill a prescription without waiting in line at the pharmacy, check lab results from their cell phone, or even talk directly with their provider team or a nurse about their health care needs.
What is the TOL Patient Portal, and why would I need to use it?
The TOL Patient Portal is the Department of Defense’s online patient portal. It gives patients access to online healthcare information and services, such as Appointments, Health Records, Prescription (Rx) refills, Service Separation, Secure Messaging, and the Nurse Advice Line.
Who is eligible to use the TOL Patient Portal?
Care is given at a military hospital or clinic to anyone with TRICARE who is at least 18 years old.
How can I get into the site? What kinds of credentials can I use?
- Premium Self-Service Login for the DoD (DS Logon)
- Common Access Card (CAC)
- Defense Finance and Accounting Services (DFAS) myPay
What healthcare data and services are provided by the TOL Patient Portal?
- Appointments: You can schedule, change, or cancel PCM appointments at a military hospital or clinic and choose self-referral appointments. View future and past appointments. Set up reminders via email and text messages. Set up earlier appointment reminders.
- Health Record: Safely view, download, print, and share lab results, x-ray results, medication statuses, allergy profiles, encounters, problem lists, immunizations, and vital signs for yourself and your children under 12.
- Rx Refill: Refill your prescriptions so they can be picked up at a military hospital or clinic. Check the status of your prescription. Access the mail-order pharmacy for TRICARE. Do things to help yourself and your family.
- Service Separation/Retirement: Find medical information and services for individuals leaving active duty or the reserves. Information includes how to file a pre-separation claim and set up a Separation History and Physical Examination.
- Secure Messaging: Safely talk to your healthcare team. Call the Nurse Advice Line any time, day or night, to talk to a registered nurse. Find out about your health, ask questions, or discover if you need care.
How do I use the TOL Patient Portal to get healthcare information and services?
- Go to www.TRICAREOnline.com and sign in.
- Sign in with your credentials for DS Logon Premium (Level 2), DoD CAC, or DFAS myPay. Click “Register” if you don’t have DS Logon credentials but would like to get them.
- The following are on the home page of the TOL Patient Portal:
- Appointments: Make, change, or cancel primary care appointments at a military hospital or clinic
- Health Record: Safely look at, download, print, or share your health information
- Rx Refill: Refill your prescriptions so they can be picked up at a military hospital or clinic.
- Service Access medical information and services for those leaving active duty or retiring
- Secure Messaging: Talk to your healthcare team in a safe way
- Help from a nurse – You can always talk to a registered nurse. Ask for help or advice about your health care.
If you use Tricare for your health insurance, you already know that it can be hard to figure out what to do and how to do it. Tricare is great for military members and their families, but it can be hard to figure out what it covers and doesn’t. I know this because I have Tricare and also accept Tricare insurance in my online therapy practice.
Can I talk to a therapist online using my Tricare benefits?
During the COVID-19 pandemic, one of the most often asked questions is, Does Tricare cover online therapy? Yes, that’s the answer. Yes, online therapy and counseling are paid for by Tricare. Tricare will cover you if you use telemedicine to see a professional counselor or therapist, but not if you use a site like Talkspace or Betterhelp.
How you use your Tricare online therapy benefits will vary depending on the kind of Tricare plan you have and the type of Tricare supplier you are seeing. Let’s break this down to make it as easily understood as possible.